Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Boop in a Poem

 For whatever reason, I was watching this video.  It's by Markiplier, a YouTuber who plays video games (and especially horror games) while monologuing in a humorous fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5VAUNSgb08

Well, in the video, one of the things his character does is pick words for a poem to impress the four beautiful girls in the literature club he just joined.  The girls fed him cupcakes.  The words Markiplier chose for his character ("Morp") were: Boop, sticky, fear, agonizing, parfait, destiny, flee, nightgown, covet, incongruent, spinning, nibble, hop, explode, frightening, fester, uncanny, kawaii, tenacious, vivacious

He commented on how weird his selections were and challenged commenters to create his poem.  That was four years ago, and the video now has over 41K comments.  I'm sure my rendition that I spent way to long in will never be seen.  But I wrote it and, in the spirit of sharing, here it is:


Nightgowns and Nightmares: A Poem by Morp

When I joined, I thought I’d love it: chicks that any guy would covet,
Cuter than a piled parfait: nibble, hop, your heart explode.
Sticky with a homemade cupcake, swore that I would be the one to take
Up the challenge, prove to them by special ode
That I was their destiny.

What a fool I was in thinking of ladies in nightgowns drinking
Up my words; how incongruent now I think of only fear.
Ladies brilliantly vivacious; death uncanny and tenacious,
Though I’m spinning, fleeing, screaming, they are already right here.
Saying, this is destiny.

And also, “Boop!”



. . . no, I'm not going to polish it any more, even though I realize I accidentally cut out "kawaii," which was in an earlier draft but doesn't scan well in this poem.  That's already at least 30 minutes of my life spent doing that.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment